Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt

Ruckeln und wie man es verhindert

Jop, das könnte ja ein Mod dann absplitten.

Ich kann es leider nicht mehr finden, wo er das gesagt hat, aber wie ich das verstanden habe, ist es nicht die Qualität, die das Ruckeln auslöst, sondern die Quantität. Wenn man also statt vieler kleiner Objekte ein großes platziert, das alle vereint (geht mit Meta2TR z.B.) ruckelt es weniger. Ich schau mal, ob ich irgendwas davon noch finden kann...

EDIT: Ah, hier:
Zitat:Psiko once stated that it is better to have one huge object instead of multiple smaller ones to prevent lagging.
Well, my Croft Manor is lagging in some areas and a large cave I made is also lagging.

Since I haven't used Meta2TR yet or looked at all the info this might be an obvious question... But...
My manor is pretty much finished. I have all the objects made and placed, etc.
Now, my idea was to delete some of the placed statics, lets say one particular plant, leave at least one in and convert to tr4.
Then use Meta2tr to open the level files with that one plant left in. All textured and lit, so those things are done.
Now, could I take that one leftover plant, copy it multiple times and make it part of the room geometry without having to texture each and every one of them all over again?
And would making them part of the room geometry indeed reduce the lagging?

Antwort von psiko (leider)
building it as room geometry will reduce the lagging, but in case you use a fake invisible static to reproduce the collision, we're back at the same problem..

Die unsichtbaren Collisionen kann man aber teilweise umgehen, also kann es schon ein wenig helfen Meta2TR zu verwenden.

[Bild: achmet.png] Achmet!!!

Nachrichten in diesem Thema
[Kein Betreff] - von Codo - 15.01.2011 20:34
[Kein Betreff] - von Soul - 15.01.2011 20:42
[Kein Betreff] - von Codo - 15.01.2011 20:56
[Kein Betreff] - von dh56962 - 26.01.2011 21:43
[Kein Betreff] - von l.m. - 26.01.2011 23:02
[Kein Betreff] - von dh56962 - 26.01.2011 23:16
[Kein Betreff] - von l.m. - 26.01.2011 23:24
[Kein Betreff] - von dh56962 - 26.01.2011 23:29

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste